Media and Resource Centre
Please refer to the below notes to editors for any press release about In Kind Direct.
NOTES TO EDITORS
About In Kind Direct
• In Kind Direct is one of The Prince’s Charities. Its purpose is to inspire product giving for social good by re-distributing usable products donated by some of the UK’s best known manufacturers and retailers to charities working in the UK and abroad.
• In Kind Direct is a one-stop solution providing the infrastructure to accept large quantities of goods and then store, sort and deliver them directly to charities in its network.
• Charities, not-for-profit organisations, social enterprises and community groups can all register for free via the website www.inkinddirect.org to benefit from the service. Goods can be used to run their services or can be given out for free to the people they serve.
• Since 1996, over 7,500 charities have received products from In Kind Direct, helping them save money on their operational costs, enabling them to spend more on their essential services. The results of the latest impact study show that by re-distributing goods In Kind Direct is able to alleviate poverty, improve self-esteem and is a vital support for charities working with some of the most vulnerable people in society. Full findings are available on request.
• In Kind Direct has made a powerful impact on communities through the redistribution of £140 million worth of surplus goods from 1,000 companies including some of the UK’s best known manufacturers and retailers: Amazon, Procter & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, Asda, Wilko and Colgate-Palmolive.
• Discover In Kind Direct on video
The following contacts are available for interview:
Robin Boles, CEO: 0300 30 20 200.
Additional contacts across the UK at In Kind Direct charity partners are available on request.
Please phone In Kind Direct to discuss.
Interview footage from both charity and donor partners can be made available on request.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT Thomas Rattier, Head of Marketing & Communications 0300 30 20 200, email@example.com