In Kind Direct chosen as official charity partner of International Festival of Business 2016
We are thrilled to announce that The International Festival of Business has chosen In Kind Direct has its official charity partner this year. The festival follows the inaugural International Festival for Business, which took place in 2014 and resulted in £280 million of trade and investment deals being done and many more deals and commercial relationships still in the pipeline. The event brings together thousands of businesses from around the world for three weeks of events, business networking and deal-making.
In Kind Direct's CEO will be speaking at the event, giving the organisation a unique opportunity to talk about what we do to a vast new community of potential product donors and supporters.
We are extremely honoured and grateful for this partnership and look forward to sharing our work with the global business community.
The event will take place on 23rd June 2016 in Liverpool.
Find out more about the event here.
NOTES TO EDITORS
About In Kind Direct
- In Kind Direct is one of The Prince’s Charities. Its purpose is to inspire product giving for social good by re-distributing usable products donated by some of the UK’s best known manufacturers and retailers to charities working in the UK and abroad.
- In Kind Direct is a one-stop solution providing the infrastructure to accept large quantities of goods and then store, sort and deliver them directly to charities in its network.
- Charities, not-for-profit organisations, social enterprises and community groups can all register for free via the website www.inkinddirect.org to benefit from the service. Goods can be used to run their services or can be given out for free to the people they serve.
- Since 1996, over 8,000 charities have received products from In Kind Direct, helping them save money on their operational costs, enabling them to spend more on their essential services. The results of the latest impact study show that there has been a 20% rise in number of people relying on charities for everyday essentials and by re-distributing goods In Kind Direct is able to alleviate poverty, improve self-esteem and is a vital support for charities working with some of the most vulnerable people in society. Full findings are available on request.
- In Kind Direct has made a powerful impact on communities through the redistribution of £150 million worth of surplus goods from 1,000 companies including some of the UK’s best known manufacturers and retailers: Amazon, Procter & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, Asda, Wilko and Colgate-Palmolive.
- Discover In Kind Direct on video
The following contacts are available for interview:
In Kind Direct: Robin Boles, CEO and Laura Hales, Head of Charity Partnerships – 0300 30 20 200.
Additional contacts across the UK at In Kind Direct charity partners are available on request.
Please phone In Kind Direct to discuss.
Interview footage from both charity and donor partners can be made available on request.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT Thomas Rattier, Head of Marketing & Communications 0300 30 20 200, email@example.com