Charity Network Executive
Contract: Permanent, full time – flexible options considered
Location: Hybrid working with 2 days/week in our London office
Reporting to: Charity Network Manager
Salary: £24k, based on full time
About In Kind Direct
At In Kind Direct, we believe everyone deserves access to life’s essentials and no usable product should go to waste. Since being founded by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1996, Over £300m of products have been donated by over 1,200 manufacturers and retailers. We’ve diverted 33,165 tonnes of stock from waste, helping 11,700 charitable organisations and unlocking £281m of savings for them collectively.
We provide a single contact point for companies to donate new consumer goods such as toiletries, cleaning and laundry products, clothes, toys and office supplies to the communities that need them. Working with big names including P&G, Reckitt Benckiser, Kimberly-Clark, PZ Cussons, Disney and Amazon; we are the only UK charity with the infrastructure able to deliver this service at scale in the UK. The overall impact is an efficient, practical solution which improves people’s lives, makes giving easy for companies, and unlocks vital resource into the voluntary sector.
Our charitable network is a diverse mix of organisations, including UK charities, community groups, food banks and schools. The majority of those we work with have an annual income below £100,000, working with either a handful of staff or run by volunteers.
We are in the second year of an ambitious strategy to triple our impact by 2025 and reach over 600,000 people every week by working with 7,800 charitable partners.
Join us in a newly created role, to help grow our active charitable network to support more people with the most needed products and unlock more savings for the sector.
You will also play an important role sourcing and sharing stories of the impact we achieve together with our charitable network. As well as supporting our external communications, you will keep everyone in the In Kind Direct team connected with our network, to support an inclusive service with impact at its heart.
This role sits within the Partnerships & Impact team, ensuring our impact, voice and financial health are aligned.
- Proactive outreach to directly engage voluntary and community sector organisations to grow our charitable network. Identifying and engaging key second-tier organisations including grant-givers, local authorities and national bodies.
- Engage with our network, including through phone calls, online meetings, visits and survey feedback. Arrange visits, speakers and focus groups to connect teams with our charitable network and support the development of user-driven services.
- Help grow our library of stories, photos, videos and case studies that capture the real value of products for people and local organisations.
- Monitor and manage consents for stories and media and how they are shared, running CRM reports, data input and analysis.
- Support the creation of network communications and website content, working with colleagues in our Marketing, E-Commerce and Customer Service teams.
- Support, test and help develop internal processes and systems that improve our service, including network registrations, renewals and impact measurement.
- Provide support to other teams and projects as agreed with the Charity Network Manager, that benefit our network.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Comfortable using computers, spreadsheets and databases, and a willingness to learn
- Well organised and able to prioritise a busy workload
- Comfortable communicating with a wide range of people to build positive working relationships
- Pride in carrying out day-to-day administrative tasks to a high standard
- Passion for change and finding new ways to do things
- Ability to work with sensitivity for those experiencing hardship
- Interest in the voluntary and community sector and In Kind Direct’s work
- Experience of copywriting (Desirable)
Working at In Kind Direct
Our team receive excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including an interest free travel loan, volunteering days, 25 days holiday each year (plus public holidays) and 7% pension scheme entitlement.
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to our values of kindness, togetherness, integrity and innovation. We are on an organisational journey to achieving our EDI vision and welcome any questions about our progress and aspirations. We especially welcome applications from anyone with lived experience of being on low income or working with smaller charitable organisations. We will meet all reasonable expenses and make reasonable adjustments for anyone invited to interview.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, a supporting statement and a completed Equality Monitoring Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.