Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Last updated June 2023
In Kind Direct is a UK registered charity, founded over 25 years ago by HRH King Charles. We believe everyone deserves access to life’s essentials and that no usable product should go to waste.
We help meet today’s need and use our insights to reduce tomorrow’s.
We receive consumer products donated by some of the UK’s best-known manufactures, retailers and brands. We then sort, store and distribute products directly to charitable organisations including charities, community groups, foodbanks and schools, which help their services go further. We create powerful partnerships with our network of charitable organisations, helping more communities to thrive.
We believe that all activities related to our work should be conducted honestly, fairly and with integrity. We want everyone who comes into contact with In Kind Direct to be treated in a way that lives out our values of kindness, togetherness and integrity.
We expect courtesy and co-operation to be shown towards our team in any interaction with them, whether online, by telephone or in person. Abusive or aggressive behaviour is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. It can lead to expulsion from our network or withdrawal from a partnership with us.
Policies we expect our stakeholders to follow
We have responsibilities to many individuals and organisations who are stakeholders in the activities of In Kind Direct. These stakeholders include organisations in our charitable network, corporate partners, funders, voluntary and community sector partners, service providers and suppliers as well as our staff team, volunteers and trustees.
To ensure that we fulfil our responsibilities to our stakeholders, we adhere to the following:
- We will not partner with any individual or organisation that we have reason to believe may be involved in any unlawful or unethical business practices.
- We expect all parties we partner with to only follow practices which comply fully with all applicable legislation, are transparent and are conducted with honesty and integrity.
- We expect all partner organisations and service providers to respect the human rights of all employees and provide a safe and healthy working environment and not to ask any employee to do anything which is illegal.
- We expect all partner organisations to have in place clear policies to prevent any form of harassment or abuse, and encourage an inclusive working environment to promote equality and diversity. This should ensure that there is a clear and safe reporting structure in place and that all allegations will be properly investigated and acted upon.
- We will not, and we expect that our service providers will not, seek to obtain any business advantages by giving or accepting bribes or other inducements and will be fully compliant with all current legislation relating to bribery.
- All corporate partners and funders are assessed according to In Kind Direct policies and procedures to ensure that the values of In Kind Direct are upheld in our work together.
- All charitable organisations receiving products through In Kind Direct are required to comply with our Partner Terms and Conditions to be part of our charitable network.
- We will handle any complaints in line with our Compliments and Complaints procedure.