Corporate Partnerships Executive
Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: £25,000 to £27,000 based on full time
Location: Hybrid, with a minimum of 2 days in the Central London office
Reporting to: Corporate Partnerships Manager
Start date: January 2023
About In Kind Direct:
In Kind Direct is a commercially driven, impact-focused charity organisation that has doubled in 2 years and is set to triple by 2025. Our work impacts the lives of over 300,000 people every week! We believe everyone deserves access to life’s essentials and that no useable product should go to waste. We receive donated consumer products, which we then sort, store, and distribute directly to charitable organisations in our network across the UK, helping their services go further. We work closely with market leading organisations like P&G, ASDA, Kimberly-Clark, Lego, Disney, Unilever, and Amazon, finding a home for all donated goods, stopping them going to landfill, extending their life, and ensuring they end up where they are needed.
Since being founded in 1996 by HRH The Prince of Wales, we have:
- Distributed over £312m worth of essential products
- Diverted 34,165 tonnes of usable products from going to waste
- Supported over 12,200 charitable organisations
We are looking for a talented individual to support the work of our high achieving and target driven Corporate Partnerships team. Working closely with a Corporate Partnerships Manager and the wider team, the post holder will manage their own corporate relationships and help generate new ones for the business. The aim is to unlock product donations from these corporate partners, to directly support the charitable organisations in our network.
This is a varied and interesting role, offering exposure to account management with some of the world’s leading organisations. In a dynamic environment, this role will immediately contribute to the organisation’s success and will have a multitude of training and learning on the job opportunities.
There is a strong external focus to this role, with time spent building current and new relationships. Crucially, you will have experience coordinating and multitasking, managing different projects with different stakeholders at any given time. This really is a chance to make real change and impact the lives of so many people.
- Support the provision of excellent customer service to our corporate partners, including developing tailored proposals, regular impact reports and other engagement material
- Contribute to a pipeline of products by managing relationships with existing corporate partners
- Research and identify suitable prospective corporate partners for securing donations of product
- Secure new corporate partnerships through proactive targeting, regular meetings, bespoke proposals, and pitches, demonstrating business awareness and intrapreneurial ability
- Providing general administrative support to the Corporate Partnership team, by maintaining accurate records, updating CRM, trackers, and running monthly reports
- Monitoring the inbound donations inbox; declining unsuitable requests, forwarding requests to the relevant team member, processing accepted donations
- Develop bespoke case studies to demonstrate impact for In Kind Direct’s different stakeholders
- Support the delivery (research, design, and implementation) of bespoke donor campaigns, events, and communications.
All training, development and equipment will be provided.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong administrative skills, ideally experience of using databases
- Excellent written communication skills
- Well organised and able to prioritise a busy workload
- Strong communication skills, comfortable speaking and presenting to different audiences
- Ability to build relationships and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders across businesses
- A collaborative working style, adaptable to different team styles
- Ability to take responsibility for agreed objectives and targets
- Experience of developing presentations, reports and analytics using PowerPoint and Excel
- Able to take a creative approach to engaging corporate partners and exploring opportunities
- Demonstrable interest in the charity sector, corporate responsibility, social enterprise and In Kind Direct’s area of work
- Aligned with IKD values of kindness, togetherness, integrity, and innovation
Working at In Kind Direct
Our team receive excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including an interest free travel loan, volunteering days, 28 days holiday each year (plus public holidays) and 7% pension scheme entitlement.
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to our values of kindness, togetherness, integrity and innovation. We are on an organisational journey to achieving our EDI vision and welcome any questions about our progress and aspirations. We especially welcome applications from anyone with lived experience of being on low income or working with smaller charitable organisations. We will meet all reasonable expenses and make reasonable adjustments for anyone invited to interview.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, a supporting statement, and a completed Equality Monitoring Form to email@example.com.