Contract: Permanent, full time
Location: Hybrid, with a minimum of 2 days in the Office (London or Telford)
Reporting to: Ecommerce and Digital Marketing Manager
Line Manager Responsibility: No
About In Kind Direct
In Kind Direct is a commercially driven, impact focused charity organisation that has doubled in two years and is set to triple by 2025. At In Kind Direct we believe everyone deserves access to life’s essentials and that no useable product should go to waste.
We receive donated consumer products, which we then sort, store, and distribute directly to >6,000 charitable organisations in our network across the UK, helping their services go further. We work closely with market leading organisations like P&G, ASDA, Kimberly-Clark, Lego, Disney, Unilever, and Amazon, finding a home for all donated goods, stopping them going to landfill, extending their life, and ensuring they end up where they are needed. We are the only charity with the logistics and ecommerce infrastructure able to deliver this service at scale in the UK.
Since being founded in 1996 by HRH King Charles III, we have:
- Distributed over £346m worth of essential products to UK charitable organisations.
- Diverted 37,502 tonnes of usable products from going to waste.
- Supported over 15,000 charitable organisations.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Ecommerce Executive to help us manage our website and ecommerce platform. We are a growing organisation with innovation at its core. The preferred candidate will have a real drive to make improvements, coupled with a desire to learn hands on, working with the Ecommerce and Digital Marketing Manager to create a best-in-class store and corporate website.
The post holder will have access to industry leading software as we work together to meet our In Kind Direct ambition. Innovation, learning, and development are at the heart of what we do, with ongoing opportunities to hone new skills. If it helps us go faster, be more efficient or deliver more impact to people in need, we want you to tell us about it.
We are proud of our culture and in October 2023 we were officially certified as a “Great Place to Work®”. With EEDI and Wellbeing committees in place, we focus on ensuring employees are finding balance and coming to work energised to drive impact across the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
- Merchandising our catalogue site inventory to aid conversion (Magento).
- Improving product display and category pages for UX and conversion rate optimisation.
- Developing a strong knowledge and understanding of product categories.
- Tracking and monitoring best sellers and key product lines.
- Automation: helping to create and streamline processes to support our business objectives.
- Collecting data for some of the organisation’s key reports.
- Helping produce engaging content (SEO-focused) for our corporate (WordPress) website that helps surface the organisation more widely, improving visibility with charities and donors.
- Optimising our corporate site content for search engines – using industry standard SEM tools coupled with Google Search Console and GA4.
- Designing pages and posts.
- Assessing and improving current and potential user journeys.
- Creating funnels for donors, funding, and our charity network.
- Email marketing: developing and expanding our email campaigns with a focus on product. One of our key channels is our product flyer, sent out to an engaged network of different UK charitable organisations. There is fantastic opportunity to improve segmentation and develop this key channel for In Kind Direct.
- Working on Google Ads campaigns.
- A willingness to understand how things work and a drive to improve what we do.
- Commercially astute.
- Analytical, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience merchandising an ecommerce store.
- A keen researcher that enjoys problem solving.
- Well organised and keen to create smart processes of working.
- Competency in Microsoft Excel.
- Digitally immersed with a real love of ecommerce and digital marketing.
- Onboard with our core values as a charity and our mission statement: that everyone deserves access to life’s essentials and that no useable product should go to waste.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with Magento or WordPress.
- Experience in building your own website.
- Experience with email marketing software (Dot Digital or otherwise).
- Experience creating or working on sales funnels.
- An understanding and interest in Search Engine Optimisation.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console. Industry Standard SEM tools e.g. Ahrefs / SEMrush a bonus.
Working at In Kind Direct
Our team receive excellent training and development, and staff benefits including an interest free travel loan, volunteering days, 28 days holiday each year (including 3 days between Christmas and New Year, excluding public holidays) and 7% pension scheme entitlement. We are an equal opportunities employer and support our team to succeed in their roles through training, adaptations, flexibility in working, and a range of policies to support employees in their personal, family and care responsibilities.
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to our values of Kindness, Togetherness, Integrity, and Innovation. We are on an organisational journey to achieving our EEDI vision and welcome any questions about our progress and aspirations. We especially welcome applications from anyone with lived experience of being on low income or working with smaller charitable organisations. We will meet all reasonable expenses and make reasonable adjustments for anyone invited to interview.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, a supporting statement, and a completed Equality Monitoring Form to email@example.com.
Applications submitted without a supporting statement may not be considered. If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.