Contract: Full Time
Location: Hybrid working – 2 days in office (Central London or Telford)
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Line Manager Responsibility: Yes – An Ecommerce Executive to be recruited.
Salary: £40k to £48k pa
About In Kind Direct
Who we are
We are a UK charity that works with charitable organisations and companies to ensure everyone has access to the products they need to live well.
What we believe
Everyone deserves access to life’s essentials and no usable product should go to waste.
We create powerful partnerships, enabling more communities to thrive.
What we do
We distribute products including personal hygiene, household, clothes, toys and technology, donated by manufacturers and retailers, to charities, community groups, food banks and schools across the UK. We are currently supporting 365,000 people each week. In 2022 we unlocked over £18m in savings into the voluntary sector. This helped charitable organisations meet the increasing need in their communities, at a time when their own resources are stretched.
We are a practical response to the widening gap in society. We help meet today’s need and use our insights to reduce tomorrow’s. 2023 is the third year of our ambitious five-year strategy to triple our impact.
Since being founded in 1996 by HM King Charles III, we have distributed £330m of essential products, diverted 36,200 tonnes from waste, and supported almost 15,000 charitable organisations.
We work with kindness, togetherness and integrity, driving innovation.
In Kind Direct operates 2 important websites and this role will have oversight for both. Firstly, the corporate website, where aside from the everyday maintenance, you will work cross functionally to ensure it is up-to-date, impact stories are live, affiliate schemes are promoted, and site visitors can find what they are looking for quickly and simply.
Secondly, at the heart of In Kind Direct is an ecommerce platform, from where over 6,000 UK charitable organisations can access essential product for their communities or to maintain their services – We help these organisations free up precious resource to extend their impact and reach. We are seeking an experienced and tenacious ecommerce specialist to develop this platform and embed agile ways of working. Championing the needs of our charitable network partners and with the desire to make a real impact, you will be confident to work with autonomy. You will line manage an ecommerce executive and will focus on recruiting this role in the first 3 months.
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for bringing the performance of the platforms to life through a weekly all staff meeting, and provide insight and commentary as required. You will also play a key role in helping manage product throughput and Distribution Centre capacity, working closely wit the operations team. Critically, you will monitor product availability ensuring we have what our charitable network need when they need it.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility for online customer experience to maximise engagement and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction, thereby increasing the volume of goods distributed, and the savings we generate for the sector.
- Oversight of the corporate website, everyday maintenance, and user experience.
- Management of the ecommerce platform including product flow, merchandising, and pricing.
- Experience in owning the trading calendar and driving trade to achieve sales targets.
- Continual refinement of stock presentation including descriptions, attributes, and imagery.
- Improving the customer journey by optimising navigation, structure, and internal search.
- Requirement to engage agencies as required (digital marketing)
- Support on driving improvements across user registration, renewal, and order completion.
- Determining product promotions and seasonal campaigns to drive throughput and ensure consistency across channels.
- Making recommendations for driving target audiences to the corporate and ecommerce sites with appropriate calls to action, working in collaboration with the Corporate Partnerships, Charity Network, and Fundraising teams.
- Maintaining knowledge of similar online platform products and e-commerce trends
- Leading on projects to improve the onsite journey or improve business processes.
- Strong knowledge of PPC, with confidence in building campaigns and researching keywords.
- Champion usage of our Google Ad Fund ($10k/month).
- Email marketing to our charitable network through 2 flyers each week, network newsletter and multiple programmes that encourage registration renewal and conversion.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of e-commerce and digital marketing including:
- E-commerce platforms e.g., Magento
- Web analytics tools e.g., Google Analytics and Hotjar
- Web site content management e.g., WordPress
- E-mail marketing platforms e.g., dotdigital
- Minimum of 3 years ecommerce retail experience
- Ability to put themselves in the shoes of our charitable network (customers)
- Hands on experience of working with a PIM (Product Information Management system) – Nav/Business Central.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering commercial results against clear KPI’s and targets.
- Track record of building high-impact consumer experience features and products.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience in converting data insights into deliverable workplans.
- Confident and with good communication skills including a great writing style.
- Understanding of current data protection and privacy regulations.
- Passion for change and impact.
- Aligned with IKD values of kindness, togetherness, integrity, and innovation.
Working at In Kind Direct
Our team receive excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including an interest free travel loan, volunteering days, 28 days holiday each year (plus public holidays) and 7% pension scheme entitlement.
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to our values of kindness, togetherness, integrity, and innovation. We are on an organisational journey to achieving our EDI vision and welcome any questions about our progress and aspirations. We especially welcome applications from anyone with lived experience of being on low income or working with smaller charitable organisations. We will meet all reasonable expenses and make reasonable adjustments for anyone invited to interview.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, a supporting statement, and a completed Equality Monitoring Form to email@example.com.