How can we help?
We work with UK charitable organisations of all sizes. That includes registered charities, constituted community groups, social enterprises, local authority funded schools and some public sector run projects. If you work overseas, your organisations needs be registered in the UK. We are unable to work directly with individuals.
To use our service, register for free online. We aim to have you up and running within three working days. You’ll receive a confirmation email with everything you need to get going. Your organisation’s registration lasts for a year, then you’ll be prompted to renew for free so we can check if your details are still correct. We value your privacy, please do read our Privacy Notice.
Orders & Invoices
- Online payment by card or BACS are the quickest and most secure methods.
- You should use a card belonging to your organisation. If this is not possible, we may require evidence of funds being reimbursed to an individual.
- Please check the shipping address is correct when completing your order
- Help us get orders to you by providing a mobile number wherever possible.
Our current delivery options are:
- Our standard delivery aim is 10 working days (excluding weekends)
- Our 5-day express delivery aim is 5 working days (excluding weekends).
- Our 2-day express delivery aim is 2 working days (excluding weekends).
- DPD (parcel deliveries) may deliver at the weekend and parcels may arrive separately.
Northern Ireland - Due to the latest information provided by the government around Brexit, we are currently only accepting orders up to a maximum charge of £135, before VAT being shipped to Northern Ireland. Please note that only standard delivery will be available on these orders. Orders above £135 will not be accepted at checkout.
Find out more on our delivery information page
- The amount of work that a donation requires to make it suitable for distribution.
- The cost of transportation - bulky or heavy items are generally more expensive to transport.
- Supply and Demand - a lower charge may be applied to less popular items to ensure that they move through our warehouse and free up space for new products.
If you have forgotten your password, you can request a new one by clicking ‘forgot your password?’ link on the log in page. You will receive an email to reset your password.
If you do not receive an email, please check your spam/junk folders. If you are still having difficulties, please contact the Charities team.
Once you are logged in, you can add a new account user in the ‘My Account’ section. The new user will be sent an automated email when their individual user account is created. To add, remove or update other users, you will need to be an Account Controller. To see your access level, visit the “User Accounts” section of “My Account”.
You can view and manage the account users for your organisation in the ‘My Account’ section. There are two levels of account with different permissions or Access levels:
Account Controllers can add, remove and update any user accounts associated with their organisation. They can also place orders.
Users with Order Authorisation level can view other user accounts but can only update their own individual account information. They can also place orders.
Once a year we require all organisations in our network to renew their registration with us. This helps us to keep contact information up to date and accurate and ensure all goods are being used in accordance with our terms and conditions. We value your privacy, please read our Privacy Notice. How do I renew my account?
- Log-in using your email address and password.
- If your account has expired, or is due to expire soon, you will be prompted to follow the link to ‘Renew Now’.
- Complete our simple renewal form to check that the details we hold are correct. Please note that you must supply two different and unrelated contacts: Primary contact: This person should be authorised to manage and place orders on behalf of your organisation.Management Representative: This person should be senior to the primary contact, for example a manager, CEO or trustee and must be different and unrelated to the primary contact.
- We aim to process renewal requests within three working days.
Many organisations have asked for In Kind Direct to allow goods to be used for fundraising. At present, goods must not be used for fundraising activities such as raffles or tombola's. On rare occasions where items are identified as suitable for fundraising this will always be clearly marked on the catalogue and will be restricted to raffles and tombola's which take place at events. Goods must not be used for online fundraising such as e-auctions or selling. Fundraising with goods has not been allowed due to donor company concerns about brand protection and their wish for products to be used directly for charitable purposes. Most donors still feel strongly about this. However, the aim of our service is to help you save money on essential items that can be hard to fund-raise for. This frees up funding which can then be spent delivering your front-line services. You can log in to your account and view the savings you are making at any time. This figure can be helpful for fundraising applications. Last year, average savings for each organisation were £5,692!
We need your help to protect everyone that uses and benefits from In Kind Direct. Please ensure that your staff, volunteers and service users know the importance of our Terms and Conditions. These are regularly reviewed and are always available on our website. These Terms and Conditions lay the foundation for our relationship with individual charitable organisations that register for free with In Kind Direct. This includes our obligations to one another, how products may and must not be used to support your work, and how we will process any data you provide through accessing our service. You will be asked to agree to our Terms and Conditions when registering, at annual renewal and when an order is placed. We take any breaches of our Terms and Conditions very seriously and investigate any suspicion that products are not being used appropriately. Please click here to read our Partner Terms and Conditions.
Get in touch
If you would like to make a donation or if your organisation is ever offered a donation of new goods which you cannot accept all/part of, please call our Donations team. Get in touch with them on 0300 30 20 200 or send details to email@example.com.
If you have a question, want to tell us something we’re doing well or highlight an area where we can improve, get in touch! Contact the Charities team with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share your stories
Stories of the impact your work and product giving can make are vital to our work. We welcome stories, quotes, photos and videos of products in use and having an impact for the people your organisation supports. With your permission, we can use those stories to report the difference product giving makes to our donors and partners.
If you would like to provide feedback about any part of our service, please send an email to the Charities teams at email@example.com.
Sending a photo? Take a look at our handy Photo Guide first.
You can also help us as well as your fellow users by leaving product reviews directly on our online catalogue (you’ll need to be logged in to do this). Look at our review guidelines for more information.