Warranty and defective products
What is covered?
- Technical defects or faults caused by improper workmanship or materials
What is not covered?
- Accidental damage
- Damage to screens, fascia, and surrounds (including fading and discolouration)
- Liquid damage
- Issues caused by third-party software
- Any component changes since the item was originally supplied to you
What will we do?
When we receive your item, it will be inspected by our technicians, and the issue will be diagnosed. If the problem isn’t covered by the warranty, or if the warranty has been voided (for example if the item has been accidentally damaged) we will return the item to you free of charge.
If the problem is covered by the warranty, our technicians will attempt to fix the issue and return your item to a fully working condition. If we are unable to fix the issue, we will supply a replacement item of the same type and equivalent specification. Your repaired or replacement item will be shipped within 3-5 working days of receiving the defective item by express courier and tracked delivery.
If we’re not able to fulfil either a replacement or repair, a refund will be processed through the original order mechanism.
Making a claim
To make a claim, simply email us with your original order number, product model or serial number and a short description of the fault and we’ll send instructions on how to return your device.
Your warranty will be voided, and the device returned to you if:
- We find evidence that the device has been tampered with, opened by, or repaired by the owner of the device, or by any third party*.
- We find any supplementary defects to the device outlined in the ‘What is not covered?’ section above.
Please make sure to package your item as securely as possible. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by insecure packaging during transit.
Warranty terms and conditions
The Company (Foxway) guarantees to the Recipient that the goods will be free from defects caused by faulty materials or poor workmanship for the duration of the 12-month warranty period from invoice date. Under this guarantee, the Company will, as its option, either repair or give a replacement of equivalent quality or issue a refund to the Recipient for any goods found to be defective by reason of faulty materials or by poor workmanship provided that:
1. The Company is notified by email to email@example.com, as soon as the Recipient first discovers any such defects or suspected shortages in the order and in any event no later than 12 months from the date of delivery.
2. The defective goods are returned to the Company with shipping charges to be paid by the Recipient under the Return to Base Warranty.
3. Examination by the Company of such goods disclose to its satisfaction that such defects exist and have not been caused by misuse, neglect, accident, improper storage, installation or handling, or by repair or alteration not affected by the Company.
4. The Company’s liability to the Recipient in either contract or tort shall not extend either under this condition or any other provision or in any circumstances at all to indirect or consequential loss or damage or loss of profits sustained by the Recipient provided always that this condition shall not exclude or restrict for death or personal injury arising from its negligence.
5. Goods being returned will only be accepted with a Returns Authorisation Number issued by the Company which must be clearly labelled on the outer packaging.
6. GOODS RETURNED MUST BE IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING, UNDAMAGED, COMPLETE AND WITH ALL THE ORIGINAL MANUALS AND LITERATURE SUPPLIED WITH THE GOODS: GOODS RETURNED NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS CONDITION, WILL, AT THE COMPANY’S DISCRETION, BE REFUSED. THE COMPANY WILL BE UNDER NO LIABILITY TO THE RECIPIENT UNDER THIS CLAUSE IN RESPECT OF GOODS, WHICH ARE RETURNED IN A DAMAGED CONDITION.
7. It is the responsibility of the Recipient to ensure that any items returned are properly insured. The Company will not be responsible for any items lost or damaged in transit.
8. We are unable to guarantee the life expectancy of a battery which is a consumable part, so is not covered under the full warranty. As part of the refurbishment process, the battery is tested as working and charging with at least 80% capacity. Whilst the Company performs functional and quality assurance checks as part of its refurbishment process, the battery is considered a replaceable part of a portable machine which wears over time. We do of course expect all refurbished laptops to contain a working battery above a minimum capacity. If it was found that a battery was below this at the time of supply, we would expect the item to be returned for inspection and resolution.
9. The Company is not responsible for the recovery of the Recipient’s data, and it is the Recipient’s responsibility to back up any personal data. As part of the repair process, the hard drive may be wiped or replaced. Under these circumstances, the unit will be returned in a state as it was originally shipped to the Recipient.
10. Certain Warranty Exclusions apply: accidental damage, general wear and tear, misuse, neglect or damage by the Recipient, incorrectly installed hardware or parts, the remedy of incorrectly installed/incompatible software which is not provided by the Company, remedy of viruses or malware, compatibility of third-party software or hardware.