Signposts to funding
18 June 2021
We hear from many organisations in our network that funding to run your vital support services remains a big concern, and we want to assist wherever we can. As well as helping save money on supplies we will continue to signpost to any new funding sources we hear about. Here are five current opportunities.
- The 7 Stars Foundation funds projects that support challenged young people under 16, including young victims of abuse, addiction or young carers. They review applications four times a year, the next deadline is 31st July.
- This year’s Magic Little Grants scheme focuses on awarding 2,000 grants worth £500 to charities and community groups that are either in their first year or have an annual income under £250k. It wants to support work to improve mental wellbeing, support marginalised groups and promote equality, community arts, reduce the impact of poverty, physical activity, green spaces and responding to climate emergency. The deadline is 31st October.
- Box Power will be awarding grants of up to £20,000 to charities in North West England over the next 12 months, and are flexible about the size of organisations, sectors and causes they want to support.
- The Alec Dickson Trust has opened up applications to volunteering or community service projects, organised and run by people under 30 years old, recognising the important role they can play as part of society’s response to COVID-19. The deadline is 23rd June 8pm.
- Poundland has launched its own foundation and pledged to distribute £825k to community projects over the next 12 months. In the first round of grants, up to £750 is available to charities to provide equipment and kit for local charities supporting children’s fitness and health.
If you are a new subscriber to DSC’s Funds Online or are considering subscribing, join this free 30 minute webinar 1-1.30 on Wednesday 30 June for tips and tricks to help you access the funding you need, with a chance to ask your own questions. As an In Kind Direct network partner, don’t forget to use your discount code from your My Account area to save 20% on a new Funds Online subscription.