What’s the difference between new and refurbished?
New computers typically come straight from the factory, often via intermediate sellers, in original, unopened packaging.
Refurbished computers are pre-owned and used, typically by businesses for office use. Our high-quality Refurbished equipment will be fully functional but may include minor cosmetic blemishes or slight cosmetic damage; this will be made clear in the product description at the time of order.
What can I expect from refurbished equipment?
We follow rigorous quality guidelines that ensure every item we sell runs like new. The inspection and testing process includes a full diagnostic test, secure removal of data and replacement of any defective parts. We thoroughly clean each item before grading so that you can be sure of its condition and then pre-load a licensed operating system ready for use. Note that laptops are not pre-loaded with software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), which is available by separate purchase from Microsoft.
The items are packaged in an individual box and come with the accessories as described on the product detail page. All products are backed by our Satisfaction Guarantee and FREE extended 12- month warranty.
What are the benefits of buying refurbished equipment?
Buying refurbished helps your budget and the environment!
Refurbished computers are cheaper than buying brand new and can offer the same model up to 70% less than the original new price. The price might be lower, but the performance stays the same. All our refurbished items are fully tested and prepared for reuse before they are sold to ensure they deliver a great out of box user experience.
Environmentally, refurbishing a computer extends its lifespan and reduces the need for new product to be manufactured, significantly reducing carbon emissions (CO2e). The mining and production of the core minerals for new computers uses a lot of energy and water which is harmful to the environment.
· Reduced demand for valuable natural resources
· Less CO2 emissions than new manufacture
· Less e-waste and avoidable end of life recycling
· Lower energy, water and fuel consumption used in new production
In summary you can help the environment and save money by purchasing refurbished items.
How are refurbished items graded?
We follow rigorous quality guidelines that ensure every item we sell runs like new. The inspection and testing process includes a full diagnostic test, secure removal of data, replacement of any defective parts, thorough cleaning process carried out, product grading and pre-loaded licensed software.
The items will be fully functional Grade A laptops. Should this change, this will be clearly marked and explained.
Excellent Condition – Grade A
· Cosmetic condition: Excellent
· Screen: no scratches
· Body: no signs of cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.) will be visible when the product is held 30cm away.
· Functional condition: Excellent
· Functionality: fully functional
· Battery Health: >80% of their original battery life
· Accessories: generic or OEM accessories and packaging provided
All our refurbished items come with a 12-month extended warranty for peace of mind!
Who is Global Resale?
Global Resale is a leading provider of lifecycle management services and solutions for technology assets. We turn the complex asset recovery process into convenience for our blue-chip partners, maximising value recovery and minimising risks, while helping them achieve their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals.
Global Resale operates to industry best practices and is independently certified to international standards including:
· ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
· ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
· ISO 27001:2013 Security Management System
· ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management
· R2:2013 Responsible Recycling
· Microsoft Authorised Refurbisher
Recent Industry Awards include:
· In 2021, Global Resale were proud to be presented with the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade
· Global Resale received a Microsoft Innovation Award in 2021 in recognition of its partnership and development of ‘SMART’ digital licensing support for the refurbishment of computers
Through this program partnering with In Kind Direct, its mission is to increase access to affordable refurbished IT equipment.
More information is available at globalresale.com
Where do the refurbished items come from?
Thanks to our huge sourcing capability with our global business partners, we receive computer equipment from large corporate businesses and end of lease returns. We process and refurbish thousands of items every month. This means they are functionally checked, wiped of data, refurbished, cleaned and graded.
If you need a device for browsing the Internet, doing homework, or helping your organisation grow, we’ve got some great value products for you.