In Kind Direct is AmazonSmile’s spotlight charity
Are you looking to support the underprivileged and vulnerable sections of society but don’t know where to start? Is time becoming a constraint to volunteer at your nearest shelter? AmazonSmile’s spotlight charity initiative is a simple solution to easily donate and help your favourite causes and charities. Let’s start with the basics.
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a website with more or less the same products, prices and customer journey as Amazon.co.uk. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.
All you need to do is shop at https://smile.amazon.co.uk/. The donation will be made at no extra cost to you and you can choose from nearly one million public charitable organisations.
How does your donation to In Kind Direct helps charitable organisations?
Here are a few examples of donations and what it would mean for different charities and their beneficiaries if you buy from AmazonSmile this November.
- £5 : could mean sending a large box of toys to a disabled children’s charity
- £20: could help us distribute clothing & footwear to UK refugee support charity
- £200: could help supplying a year of household products to a homelessness project
What do you do next?
- Visit https://smile.amazon.co.uk/.
- Login using your Amazon.co.uk credentials
- Select In Kind Direct as your charity from the options as shown below
- Make your purchase.
For any queries regarding this process, please click here.