Marketing and Campaign Coordinator
Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000, based on full time
Location: Central London office 2 days per week with working from home up to 3 days per week
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Start date: January 2023
About In Kind Direct:
In Kind Direct is a commercially driven, impact-focused charity organisation that has doubled in 2 years and is set to triple by 2025. Our work impacts the lives of over 275,000 people every week! We believe everyone deserves access to life’s essentials and that no useable product should go to waste. We receive donated consumer products, which we then sort, store, and distribute directly to charitable organisations in our network across the UK, helping their services go further. We work closely with market leading organisations like P&G, Kimberly-Clark, Lego, Disney, Unilever, and Amazon, finding a home for all donated products, stopping them going to landfill, extending their life, and ensuring they end up where they are needed.
Since being founded in 1996 by HRH The Prince of Wales, we have:
- Distributed over £312m worth of essential products
- Diverted 34,165 tonnes of usable products from going to waste
- Supported over 12,200 charitable organisations
We’re looking for a collaborative and proactive Marketing and Campaign Coordinator, who will support the planning and implementation of partner campaigns with several of our corporate partners throughout the year. Whether a period poverty campaign with Bodyform, or a learning through play event with Lego, this role will be involved in truly exciting front line activity.
You will understand how to connect the purpose and priorities of our partners with those of In Kind Direct’s – You will be creative and share our vision for storytelling, finding opportunities to share the positive, hopeful stories from end users within our large network of charitable organisations.
You will understand how to segment audiences and target communications. Crucially, you will have experience coordinating and multitasking, managing different projects with different stakeholders at any given time. You will be used to working to and upholding brand guidelines and tone of voice.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager, Corporate Partner Team and relevant corporate partners to plan and execute several joint campaigns throughout the year.
- Build strong working relationship with internal and external teams
- Provide regular campaign updates
- Attend relevant corporate partner meetings both virtually and in person to plan activity
- Create campaign reports after each joint campaign to highlight impact, metrics, and learnings for presenting back to the wider team.
- Support Marketing Manager on proof reading press releases and drafting spokesperson quotes for PR ahead of campaign launches.
- Work closely with our PR agency and Partnerships and Impact Team to source and secure regional quotes and spokespeople to support PR opportunities.
Daily and weekly tasks
- Ensuring campaign trackers are up to date
- Updating budget spreadsheet with new invoices
- Attending internal meetings to keep team updated on wider marketing activities
- Acting as brand guardian by reviewing copy on behalf of the wider organisation, to ensure tone of voice and brand language is adhered to
- Work closely with the Social Media and Content Coordinator to brief in any social media requirements for partner campaigns or ad hoc design requests
- Day to day responsibility for data protection within the Marketing team
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Well organised and able to prioritise a busy workload
- Good communication skills, comfortable speaking and presenting to different audiences.
- Action focused and able to get things done at pace to a high quality
- Strong copywriting and written communication skills
- A collaborative working style, adaptable to different team styles
- Ability to take responsibility for agreed objectives and targets
- Experience of developing presentations, reports and analytics using Powerpoint and Excel
- Demonstrable interest in the charity sector, corporate responsibility, social enterprise and In Kind Direct’s area of work
- Aligned with IKD values of kindness, togetherness, integrity, and innovation
Working at In Kind Direct
Our team receive excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including an interest free travel loan, volunteering days, 28 days holiday each year (plus public holidays) and 7% pension scheme entitlement.
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to our values of kindness, togetherness, integrity, and innovation. We are on an organisational journey to achieving our EDI vision and welcome any questions about our progress and aspirations. We especially welcome applications from anyone with lived experience of being on low income or working with smaller charitable organisations. We will meet all reasonable expenses and make reasonable adjustments for anyone invited to interview.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, a supporting statement, and a completed Equality Monitoring Form to email@example.com.