Partner terms and conditions
Partner Terms & Conditions
Essential things you need to know when using In Kind Direct
Declaration by Partner Organisations
- By registering with In Kind Direct, we confirm that we are a self-governing organisation set up other than for financial gain to take action for the benefit of the community.
- By registering with In Kind Direct, we confirm that orders made by our organisation will be placed, received and managed by someone over 18 years of age.
- We understand that upon payment of the charges, title in the products passes from In Kind Direct to our organisation.
Use of products
Products we receive from In Kind Direct:
- Will be exclusively used either to meet our own operational needs or will be distributed by us free of charge solely in accordance with our organisation’s charitable objectives.
- Will not be passed onto other organisations, without prior formal agreement with In Kind Direct.
- Will not be sold including in charity shops, markets or online for any reason.
- May be distributed as part of a formalised membership scheme to our end users. This could include a voluntary nominal charge/donation to access our services, including receiving products. Products will still be provided for free to anyone we directly support in financial need.
- Will not be used for fundraising activities such as raffles or tombolas unless In Kind Direct communicates an exception. In Kind Direct products must not be used for online fundraising such as e-auctions. On rare occasions where items are identified as suitable for fundraising this will be clearly marked on the catalogue and will be restricted to in-person events.
- If given to staff or volunteers, will be to meet our organisational needs and are not for their personal use. Staff and volunteers who are also demonstrably direct end-users of the organisation’s work may receive products for personal use.
Other responsibilities of Partner Organisations
- We will make available to In Kind Direct full records showing the whereabouts and use of the products if requested.
- We understand In Kind Direct may wish to visit our organisation. We will accommodate any reasonable requests and understand a refusal may result in our registration being suspended until a visit can be arranged.
- We will provide export documentation for products we take or send overseas to In Kind Direct.
If we breach any of these terms and conditions:
- Our registration with In Kind Direct will be suspended. For serious or repeated breaches, our account may be closed. Products received by us may be recovered by In Kind Direct at our expense.
- In Kind Direct reserves the right to use a credit balance on our account to cover reasonable administration costs.
How In Kind Direct will communicate with Partner Organisations
- We understand and agree that In Kind Direct will retain information we provide to deliver services under this agreement and described under In Kind Direct’s Privacy Notice . It is our responsibility to notify In Kind Direct of changes to these details, most easily by logging on to ‘My Account’.
- To help us get the most from the service, In Kind Direct has determined a legitimate interest in communicating with us, primarily by email, about their service as described under In Kind Direct’s Privacy Notice. This includes administrative and marketing messages when we first register. We understand individuals can update their preferences or unsubscribe from different types of marketing communications at any time. We cannot unsubscribe from administration messages e.g. order confirmation and delivery emails.
- It is our responsibility to ensure we have permission from colleagues before sharing their details, for example when adding extra users to our account.
Terms and Conditions for In Kind Direct promotions
- All promotions are time limited and the expiry date will be stated on the promotional material.
- To qualify for some promotions there may be a minimum order charge. This will be stated on the promotional material.
- Each promotion is subject to availability and may be changed or withdrawn by In Kind Direct at any time.
- Promotions have no cash alternative.
- Organisations entering must be registered with In Kind Direct, and accounts must be active (i.e. not suspended or expired for longer than a month), to be able to win.
- Each promotion may not be used in conjunction with any other offer unless otherwise stated on promotional material.
- Each promotion is limited to one order per In Kind Direct partner organisation unless otherwise stated on promotional material.
Terms and conditions IKD X Unilever promotion X Tesco
The campaign term is 25th January 2023 to the 7th March 2023. The promotier will donate one personal care product from its range to In Kind Direct, for every two products from the Participating Brands (including Radox, TRESemme, Sure and Simple) purchased in participating Tesco stores in the UK during the Campaign Term. Products donated will not necessarily only include those of the Participating Brands. Maximum donation value is £200,000 worth of products, calculated at cost residual price and including logistics costs. In Kind Direct is a registered charity in England and Wales no 1052679. The promoter us Unilever UK Limited of Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR. The promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions.
Last reviewed January 2023