Partner terms and conditions
Partner Terms & Conditions
Essential things you need to know when using In Kind Direct
1. Partner Organisation declarations
By registering with In Kind Direct, we understand and confirm that:
- We are a constituted group or organisation set up other than for financial gain to take action for the benefit of the community.
- Orders made by our organisation will be placed, received and managed by someone over 18 years of age.
- Upon payment of the charges, title in the products passes from In Kind Direct to our organisation.
- Products received from In Kind Direct will be distributed free of charge to the people our organisation supports, used to deliver our services or, where applicable, maintain our facilities.
- All activities and interactions involving In Kind Direct will be conducted honestly, fairly and with integrity, in line with In Kind Direct’s Code of Conduct.
2. Use of products received from In Kind Direct
We agree that:
- Products will not be sold, including in charity shops, markets or online.
- Products will not be used for fundraising activities such as raffles, tombolas or e-auctions. On rare occasions where items are identified as suitable for fundraising this will be clearly marked on the catalogue.
- Products will not be used as prizes for competitions intended to promote awareness and engagement on social media, without prior agreement from In Kind Direct.
- Products given to staff or volunteers will be to meet operational needs. Only staff and volunteers who are demonstrably end-users of our work may receive products for personal use to support them to live well.
3. Additional responsibilities for organisations that share products received from In Kind Direct with other organisations/groups
If your organisation shares products from us with other organisations/groups on a regular basis, then you must agree to the following additional responsibilities. This helps to minimise the risk of any breaches to these terms and conditions, improves our ability to track the impact products have, and gives confidence to the companies that donate the products to us.
We agree to:
- Inform In Kind Direct if we pass products onto other charitable organisations/groups. We will provide a list of organisation names, postcodes and main focus areas of these organisations/groups to In Kind Direct, and respond to requests for updates to this list twice a year.
- Explain the restrictions for using and distributing products from In Kind Direct to these organisations/groups to ensure shared products are used or distributed in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Encourage these organisations/groups to register in their own right with In Kind Direct via inkinddirect.org/register so they have direct responsibility for using and distributing products in ways that meet these terms and conditions, and can access the full range of products and discounts.
4. Additional responsibilities for organisations with membership schemes e.g. social supermarkets, community pantries, community groceries
Products can be distributed as part of a membership scheme for a small voluntary donation as long as product distribution is one aspect of a range of other services offered. Such other services might include debt support, training or counselling.
If your organisation shares products as part of a membership scheme, then we require you to agree to the following additional responsibility.
We agree that:
- Products will be available free of charge to anyone we support who cannot afford the voluntary donation.
5. Other responsibilities of Partner Organisations
- We will keep records of where products from In Kind Direct have gone or been used. We will make these records available to In Kind Direct if requested.
- We understand In Kind Direct may wish to visit our organisation. We will accommodate any reasonable requests and understand a refusal may result in our registration being suspended until a visit can be arranged.
- We will provide export documentation to In Kind Direct for products we take or send overseas when requested.
- All staff and volunteers handling the products we receive from In Kind Direct will be informed of, and expected to abide by, these terms and conditions.
6. Any breaches to these terms and conditions
We understand that a breach to these terms and conditions will result in the following:
- Our registration with In Kind Direct may be suspended. For serious or repeated breaches, our account may be closed.
- Products received may be recovered by In Kind Direct at our expense.
- We are liable for any breach to these terms and conditions by groups/organisations we share products with, that are not registered directly with In Kind Direct.
- In Kind Direct reserves the right to use a credit balance on our account to cover reasonable administration costs.
7. How In Kind Direct will communicate with Partner Organisations
- We understand and agree that In Kind Direct will retain information we provide to deliver services under this agreement and described under In Kind Direct’s Privacy Notice . It is our responsibility to notify In Kind Direct of changes to these details. The easiest way to do this is by logging on to ‘My Account’ and annually when we renew our account.
- We understand that to help us get the most from the service, In Kind Direct has determined a legitimate interest in communicating with us, primarily by email, about their service as described under In Kind Direct’s Privacy Notice. This includes additional messages and marketing messages when we first register.
- We understand individuals can update their preferences or unsubscribe from different types of marketing communications at any time. We cannot unsubscribe from service messages e.g. order confirmation and delivery emails.
- It is our responsibility to ensure we have permission from colleagues before sharing their details, for example when adding extra users to our account.
Terms and Conditions for In Kind Direct promotions
- All promotions are time limited and the expiry date will be stated on the promotional content.
- To qualify for some promotions there may be a minimum charge. This will be stated on the promotional content.
- Each promotion is subject to availability and may be changed or withdrawn by In Kind Direct at any time.
- Promotions have no cash alternative.
- Organisations entering must be registered with In Kind Direct, and accounts must be active (i.e. not lapsed for longer than a month, or suspended), to be able to benefit from a promotion.
- Each promotion may not be used in conjunction with any other offer unless otherwise stated on promotional content.
- Each promotion is limited to one order per In Kind Direct Partner Organisation unless otherwise stated on promotional content.
Terms and conditions Hygiene Poverty Campaign
The campaign term is 23rd of August 2023 to the 3rd of October 2023.
Participating organisations (‘the promoters’ or each ‘a promoter’):
- Unilever UK Limited (Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR)
- Haleon PLC (Building 5, First Floor, The Heights, Weybridge, Surrey, England, KT13 0NY)
- Essity UK Limited (Southfields Road, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 3EJ)
- Kimberly-Clark Limited (Walton Oaks, Dorking Road, Tadworth, Surrey, England, KT20 7NS)
For every two (2) nominated products* purchased in one transaction in participating Tesco stores in the UK during the campaign term, one promoter will donate one (1) Hygiene product** to In Kind Direct. This will be calculated at the end of the Campaign. Products donated will include the nominated products or equivalent product.
Maximum donation volume is 1. 4 million product donation units across all suppliers.
In Kind Direct is a registered charity in England and Wales no 1052679.
The promoters reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions.
- Bodyform Cour-V Ultra Normal Sanitary Towels 14 pack
- Bodyform Cour-V Goodnight Ultra Large+ With Wings Sanitary Towels 8 pack
- Bodyform Cour-V Ultra+ With Wings Normal Sanitary Towels 12 pack
- Bodyform Cour-V Ultra Long+ With Wings Sanitary Towels 10 pack
- Bodyform Cour-V Ultra Long Sanitary Towels 12 pack
- Aquafresh Little Teeth Toothbrush
- Aquafresh Milk Teeth Toothpaste 50ml
- Aquafresh Little Teeth Toothpaste 75ml
- Aquafresh Kids Splash Toothpaste 75ml
- Sensodyne Rapid Relief Toothpaste 75ml
- Corsodyl active gum repair fresh mint toothpaste 75ml
- Corsodyl active gum repair whitening toothpaste 75ml
- Corsodyl active gum health soft mint mouthwash 500ml
- Aquafresh complete care original TOOTHPASTE 100ML
- Aquafresh Complete Care Whitening Toothpaste 100ml
- Sensodyne Extra Fresh Toothpaste 75ml
- Sensodyne Gentle Whitening Toothpaste 75ml
- SURE For Women Anti-Perspirant BRIGHT BOUQUET 250ML Advanced
- SURE For Women Anti-Perspirant 250ML FRS&WTRLY TN Y2 Advanced IE+UK
- SURE For Women Anti-Perspirant COTTON DRY 250ML Advanced
- SURE For Women Anti-Perspirant UPLIFT & FRESH 250ML Advanced
- SURE For Men Anti-Perspirant P250ML Inv Ice Advanced TN Y2 IE+UK
- SURE For Men Anti-Perspirant 250ML Sensitive TTN Y2 Advanced IE+UK
- Radox SG Feel Awake 225ml
- Radox SG Feel Active 225ml
- Radox SG Feel Uplifted 225ml
- Radox Mineral Therapy Feel Awake Shower Gel & Shampoo 450 ml
- Radox Mineral Therapy Feel Uplifted Shower Gel Refill 500 ml
- TRESemmé Rich Moisture Shampoo 680ml
- TRESemmé Rich Moisture Conditioner 680ml
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shampoo 680ml
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Conditioner 680ml
- TRESemmé Beauty-full Strength Shampoo 680ml
- TRESemmé Beauty-ful Strength Conditioner 680ml
- Simple Cleansing Biodegradable Wipes 25s
- Simple Cleansing Biodegradable Wipes 50s Banded Pack (2x25s)
- Simple KTS Moisturising Face Wash 150ml
- Simple KTS Hydrating Light Moisturiser 125ml
- Persil Non Bio Liquid 53W 1.43L
- Persil Bio Liquid 53W 1.43L
- Comfort Fabric Conditioner Sunshiny Days 83 Washes 2490ml
- Comfort Fabric Conditioner Blue Skies 83 Washes 2490ml
- Comfort Fabric Conditioner Pure for Sensitive Skin 83 Washes 2490ml
- Radox Feel Revived Mandarin & Apr S/G 225ml
- TRESemmé Rich Luxurious Moisture Shampoo 900ml
- TRESemmé Rich Luxuries Moisture Conditioner900ml
- TRESemmé 2 In 1 S/Poo & Conditioner 900ml
- Persil 50w Caps Non-Bio
- Persil 50W Caps Bio
- Comfort Creations Fabric Conditioner Honeysuckle & Sandalwood 48 Washes 1440ml
- Comfort Creations Fabric Conditioner Strawberry and Lily 48 Washes 1440ml
- Comfort Creations Fabric Conditioner Cherry Blossom & Sweet Pea 48 Washes 1440ml
- Andrex Classic Clean Toilet Tissue, 6 Toilet Rolls
- Andrex 56 Classic Clean Flushable Washlets
**Hygiene Product donation units – for each promoter
- Kimberly Clark will donate 2 toilet rolls (equivalent of their smallest pack size)
- Haleon will donate 1 x 75ml tube of toothpaste or 1 x 100ml tube of toothpaste or one toothbrush product.
- Unilever UK will donate 1 product in any format chosen by Unilever at its discretion from any brand within its Health & Beauty, Personal Care and Homecare ranges.
- Essity will donate a consumer unit of either a Bodyform Ultra Towel consumer unit or a Bodyform Maxi Towel consumer unit.
Last updated August 2023