- Contract: Fixed Term 1 Year
- Employment Type: Full-time, 35 hours a week
- Salary: £37,000 - £42,000 based on experience
- Location: Central London
- Closing date: 31st March 2020
Are you passionate about social justice and a commitment to sustainability and want to be part of a team that has ambitious plans for growth as we look to enhance lives through product giving?
Are you positive and results-driven with an impressive track record in fundraising, corporate partnerships?
Why do we ask? Because 74% of our charity partners rely on In Kind Direct to provide them with the essential products that enables them to keep serving their communities. We aim to raise enough funds to be able to continue supporting the incredible work of the 10,000 charities across the UK that we have worked with and to reach many more in the coming year.
We need someone like you to secure donations from current supporters as well as engaging new donors across trusts and foundations, individuals and corporates. You will effectively manage all relationships so as to maximise income over the long term, through the development and delivery of tailored approaches that funds the central work of In Kind Direct and In Kind Direct International.
- Develop and enhance the existing fundraising strategy by working closely with the CEO and leadership team
- Provide a clear and inspiring direction and manage and coordinate fundraising activities across all 3 pillars of strategy: individuals, corporates, trusts and foundations
- Develop and build prospect pipeline for both financial and product donations
- Develop and nurture our Patron’s scheme, organising key engagements and events throughout the year
- Prepare project and funding applications that include case studies of in Kind Direct’s impact
- Responsibility for the delivery of targeted applications from inception to reporting and evaluation, including making the face-to-face ask where appropriate
- Preparation and presentation of impact reports to partner organisations/individuals and our Board
- Monitor the effectiveness of initiatives and activities, providing SROI and engagement measurements
- Support the development and diversification of income streams including our affiliate scheme and drive opportunities for trading income
We are seeking an experienced partnerships manager with excellent communication skills and a successful track record of exceeding targets across a range of income streams. The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO and leadership team. Confident working independently, you should be able to identify quick wins while progressing long term plans for sustainable income growth. You will have drive and enthusiasm, as well as excellent communication and relationship building skills. You will be adept at planning and prioritising to meet the multiple calls on your time. Using all these skills and traits, you'll create and implement an innovative plan - one that maximises our impact and delivers strategic financial and non-financial objectives.
- Experience of building and managing effective fundraising relationships with high level individuals and/or organisations and securing major gifts (five figure and above), preferably through face to face interactions
- Critical thinker with the data skills to analyse what is required to get to a particular solution
- Results oriented individual, comfortable with analytics and measuring the effectiveness of initiatives and activities
- Bring innovative, creative ideas to the organisation; inspiring the team with fresh ideas
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, keep calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability and enthusiasm for both taking a strategic overview and working operationally which is required given the size of In Kind Direct
- Ability to present/communicate strategic and creative ideas to internal and external audiences and at very senior levels in a confident and eloquent manner
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV to email@example.com mentioning the job title – Partnerships Manager in the subject line.