Welcoming new additions to our team
We wanted to welcome (and introduce) the newest members to the In Kind Direct team; Giles Robertson, who joins as our Head of Marketing and Charlotte Walshe, as our Head of Charity Partnerships.
Charlotte brings ten years’ experience in the charity sector, including managing national projects, research and fundraising. She has previously worked at Canterbury Cathedral Trust and National Churches Trust, and is on the board of CXK Ltd, supporting people across the South East. She is excited to lead her team in delivering the highest quality customer service experience and is keen to engage with the wider charity sector to explore how product giving can help enrich and expand their services. If you work or volunteer for a local charity, community group, school or non-profit, please do get in touch with Charlotte or her team to explore new ways to work together.
Giles joins In Kind Direct with over 20 years of charity partnership and marketing experience, having previously worked in senior roles at WWF, the Southbank Centre and running a charity marketing consultancy. He is also on the board of the Marine Conservation Society. He relishes the chance to build on the excellent comms and marketing work with charities and donors. The last year has passed by in a whirlwind, with In Kind Direct setting the media agenda to focus on hygiene poverty and the ways in which companies can donate products to help alleviate hardship. Giles will develop and deliver a fully-integrated marketing strategy and help partner with more companies and charities to bring product giving to a greater number of people who most need it.
Charlotte and Giles are both looking forward to leading their teams’ efforts in achieving In Kind Direct’s goal of creating a world where no product goes to waste and no person has to go without everyday essentials. To date In Kind Direct has worked with over 9,200 charities across the UK and 1,000 companies, but there are so many more to reach.
"Robin Boles, Chief Executive of In Kind Direct, said "We are delighted to welcome Giles and Charlotte who bring a wealth of third-sector and marketing knowledge and experience. I know they will inspire their teams to ensure we can achieve our 2020 goals in relation to working with more charities and donors.”
NOTES TO EDITORS
About In Kind Direct
- In Kind Direct’s unique model enables manufactures and retailers to put their surplus stock to good use by donating it for distribution to charities.
- In Kind Direct has distributed new consumer products donated by some of the UK’s best-known retailers and manufacturers to over 9,200 charities working in the UK and abroad.
- In Kind Direct is a one-stop solution providing the infrastructure to accept large quantities of goods and then stores, sorts and delivers them directly to charities in its network.
- In Kind Direct has made a powerful impact on communities through the distribution of over £190 million worth of surplus goods from 1,000 companies including some of the UK’s best known manufacturers and retailers: Amazon, L’Oréal, The Disney Store, P & G, Johnson & Johnson, Pentland Brands and Colgate Palmolive.
- More information available on the In Kind Direct website: inkinddirect.org
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT Giles Robertson, Head of Marketing, 0300 30 20 200, firstname.lastname@example.org